Vegan Orange Crumbly Cake
Vegan desserts needn't be dull and drab... so here is a simple and yummy dessert you'll want to repeat time and time again. We will be adding direct links to ingredients soon so you will be able to order these products online too.
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 125g sunflower margarine
- Zest of an orange
- 125g dates
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml orange juice
- 125g flour (plain)
- 125g ground almond
- 125g oatmeal
- 1tsp bicarb soda
- 2tsp baking power
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together sugar and marg in large bowl.
- Use blender to blend together dates, oil and squeezed orange juice. Blend till fairly smooth.
- Add this to large bowl with sugar and marg, and then sift in flour, bicarb and baking power. Mixing as you go add the oatmeal and ground almond.
- If mix is to stiff add some Soya milk to slacken.
- Pour into lined cake tin or greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 50- 60 mins. 180 degrees.
For the Syrup
- Prepare in a small pan zest and juice of 2 oranges and 100g caster sugar.
- Put on heat when cake is five mins before ready. Boil and then simmer for 2-3 mins till slightly thicker.
- Pour over hot cake straight from oven. Allow to cool in tin.